James. R. Hughes, DDS
Dr. Hughes is committed to providing excellent care and practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery. He has a special interest in dental implants, implant soft tissue management, and facial cosmetic and reconstructive jaw surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Minnesota Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the American Dental Association, and the Minnesota Dental Association
- Active medical staff at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, MN
- Bachelor of Science, Illinois State University
- D.D.S., University of Illinois School of Dentistry
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at St. Francis Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons (OMSs) are trained in all aspects of anesthesia administration. Following dental school, they complete at least four years of training in a hospital-based surgical residency program alongside medical residents in general surgery, anesthesia and other specialties. During this time, OMS residents serve on the medical anesthesiology service, where they evaluate patients for anesthesia, deliver the anesthetic and monitor post-anesthetic patients.