Below the skin’s surface are cells that give skin its smoothness, even color, and firmness. As these cells mature, new ones are made. For healthy skin, this cycle of cell replacement takes about six weeks. But as we age this cell renewal cycle becomes less efficient, skin becomes rough in texture, spotted in color, and loose in tone.
But thankfully there is a skin rejuvenation program that can be used in conjunction with chemical peels to reduce the fine wrinkles of the face, lighten areas of hyperpigmentation and produce a softer texture to the skin. The program can be accomplished separately or in conjunction with the other procedures listed here. It is to be followed at home by the patient after a consultation and a treatment plan is established for the patient’s cosmetic needs. Our skin care department is dedicated to providing you with the latest and most effective skin treatments available.
Obagi NU-DERM Skin Health Restoration System ~ Healthy Skin From Within
Many cosmetic products offer improved skin care, but only the Nu-Derm System offers improved skin health. That’s because it is medically prescribed. It uses prescription-strength ingredients that work at the cellular level…beyond the skin’s surface. and only a physician can provide the types of products that restore skin health at a cellular level.
Obaji Starter Kit:
- Foaming Gel – Gently removes makeup and everyday impurities for a clean, fresh complexion.
- Toner – Non-drying toner helps adjust the pH of your skin.
- Clear – Effective prescription-strength hydroquinone helps correct the appearance of age and sun spots for a healthier, more even skin tone.
- Exfoderm – A lightweight lotion that helps exfoliate the top layer of the skin, removing dull, old skin cells, while revealing new skin cells for a brighter complexion.
- Blender – A unique formula containing prescription-strength hydroquinone for the gradual lightening of sun spots, age spots, and other types of discoloration.
- Sunfader – A prescription with SPF 15, helps to minimize uneven skin tone and brown spots with 4% hydroquinone.
- Trentinoin – A prescription topical treatment for acne vulgaris.
Other products that go in conjuction with the Obaji NU-Derm skin system are:
- Hydrate – A moisturizing cream to be used as needed to soothe areas of dry, flaky skin.
- Hydrate Luxe – Specifically engineered with key biomimetic peptides, this ultra-rich moisturizer provides overnight, extra-strength moisturization and has a luxurious, balm-like texture and comforting scent.
- Action – Moisturizing lotion temporarily relieves dryness.
- Sunshield – Broad-spectrum sunscreen provides UVA/UVB protection in a non-greasy, PABA-free, and fragrance-free formula that applies completely sheer in an elegant matte finish (50 SPF).
- ELASTIderm Eye Serum – A targeted serum with bi-mineral complex and malonic acid for firmer, smoother-looking skin around the eyes, plus caffeine to help minimize the appearance of under-eye puffiness.
- ELASTIderm decolletage – Wrinkle reducing lotion.
- Blue Chemical Peel – In-office facial chemical peel procedures performed by professionally trained specialists to help reveal younger, healthier-looking skin one layer at a time.
Dr. Hughes and Dr. Bays are trained in skin health, offering the NU-DERM SYSTEM by Obagi. Ask one of our Doctors today about Obaji NU-Derm or visit Obagi.com for more information
RESTYLANE and PERLANE ~ Redefining Beauty
This is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds. It offers immediate and long-lasting results, generally about six months. It is a safe, simple and convenient procedure. If you are interested or have questions feel free to contact us or check out Restylane.com for more information.