Dale R. Bays, DDS, MD
Meet Dr. Bays
Dr. Bays is committed to providing excellent surgical care and practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery. He has a special interest in dental implants, anesthesia, wisdom teeth, and reconstructive jaw surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Member of the Minnesota Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, American Dental Association and Minnesota Dental Association.
- Active medical staff at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, MN
- Bachelor of Science, Southwest Missouri State University
- D.D.S. University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Dentistry
- M.D. University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at University of Missouri – Kansas City / Truman Medical Center
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons (OMSs) are trained in all aspects of anesthesia administration. Following dental school, they complete at least four years of training in a hospital-based surgical residency program alongside medical residents in general surgery, anesthesia and other specialties. During this time, OMS residents serve on the medical anesthesiology service, where they evaluate patients for anesthesia, deliver the anesthetic and monitor post-anesthetic patients.