Welcome New Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Patients!
What to expect during your first visit
Expect a clean, professional office with only you in mind when you are in the chair. Your initial appointment may consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options, or surgery performed the same day as the consultation. A complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
If you are having IV Sedation please have nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your surgery. You will also need a responsible adult to drive you home. It is recommended that patients undergoing local anesthesia or local and nitrous have a 2 hour fasting period of clear liquids only prior to surgery.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the appointment.
What we need prior to your Appointment
Please assist us by providing the following information as soon as possible:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable. (These are often this is sent ahead by your dentist)
- Completed Patient Registration Form
- Please alert the office on that form if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery
- Please alert the office on that form if you are on blood thinners
- A list of medications you are presently taking (there is a section on the Registration Form for this)
- Any Releases of Information that we request from your specialty Providers.
- If you have Medical or Dental insurance, please complete the Insurance information on the Patient Registration Form, including the subscriber (who has the policy that the patient is covered under) and their Date of Birth, (if different from the patient). Attach a picture of the Insurance cards, (front and back) to your online Patient Registration Form if possible. You can also email [email protected] with copies of the cards. You can also call us with that information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims. WE WANT TO OPTIMIZE YOUR COVERAGE. IF YOU PRESENT INSURANCE INFORMATION AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS THE CLAIM. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FULL PAYMENT. We are happy to provide you with the details of your visit so that you can file the claim directly with your insurance company.
Ready to take the next steps at Oral-Facial Surgery? Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Practice Location Information:
Office Hours for Both of Our Locations are:
What Would You Like To Do?
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. Some types of X-rays are not sufficient for oral surgery. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken ahead of time at our facility, or at your Dentists office.